I looove Christmas baking! Our fridge is all full of fruit cakes and today I decided to bake some Christmas, star-shaped cookies with cranberries! Brucy obviously helped and participated! The recipe is below:
- 1 cup (226 grams) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup (200 grams) of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of cranberry extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 2/3 cups (345 grams) all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) dried cranberries, chopped
1) Beat the butter and the sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy; continue mixing and add one egg
2) Beat in the extracts
3) In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt
4) Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and work the dough until even
5) Add the cranberries and shape the dough until the cranberries are evenly mixed
6) Shape the dough into a ball and leave it to rest in the fridge for 2 hours
7) Later, preheat the oven to 375° F (190° C) and roll out the chilled dough
8) Cut the dough into cookies and leave the cookies to rest in the freezer for 10 mins.
9) Then bake for about 10 mins.
10) Leave to cool before eating!
Happy Holidays everyone!