So excited about Christmas and I am forcing Brucy to get into Christmas spirit too! The poor little thing again had her asthma attack this night, so this year, all I will be wishing for Christmas is healthy for my little fur ball!
Ahh it’s time to make your wishlists pick those Christmas presents!! I would looove to have any of those amazing things; and what do you want to get this Christmas? Maybe a…:
This is such an adorable Christmas song staring the Grumpy Cat, Colonel Meow, Oskar the Blind Cat, Nala Cat, and Hamilton the Hipster Cat!! Love it!
I looove Christmas baking! Our fridge is all full of fruit cakes and today I decided to bake some Christmas, star-shaped cookies with cranberries! Brucy obviously helped and participated! The recipe is below:
- 1 cup (226 grams) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup (200 grams) of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of cranberry extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 2/3 cups (345 grams) all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) dried cranberries, chopped
1) Beat the butter and the sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy; continue mixing and add one egg
2) Beat in the extracts
3) In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt
4) Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and work the dough until even
5) Add the cranberries and shape the dough until the cranberries are evenly mixed
6) Shape the dough into a ball and leave it to rest in the fridge for 2 hours
7) Later, preheat the oven to 375° F (190° C) and roll out the chilled dough
8) Cut the dough into cookies and leave the cookies to rest in the freezer for 10 mins.
9) Then bake for about 10 mins.
10) Leave to cool before eating!
Happy Holidays everyone!
The French did it again! Just when you thought that you’ve seen it all with a café full of cats, they launch a Cat Hotel in the middle of Paris!
Well, it is nearly launched! This is a new project sponsored by crowdfunding from KissKissBankBank that just sounds amazing! The idea is to design a cat-friendly hotel, where you could leave your cats when you go on vacation. The founders already picked the place in the center of Paris, and are now collecting money to redesign it according to those amazing mock-ups!
Sounds like another great, cat-friendly idea! You can find out more and donate here.
Ahh Christmas is coming so soon and I still have so many presents to get!! Including presents for Brucy!! I am torn apart while picking her gifts – should be a new bed? Or a scratch tree? Or new toys??
Brucy decided to ignore the numerous expensive baskets, beds and blankets I got for her, now choosing our bathroom sink as her favourite sleeping/chilling place! I guess she likes that it warm up after the hot water, and that she is in the centre of action in the morning, watching me get ready in the morning.. Whatever the reason – the sink is her new favourite place! What odd places does you cat love?
The holiday period is coming up and before you say anything, NO it’s not too early to put up a Christmas tree! We’ve put ours up yesterday but immediately we were faced with a challenge – how to keep our Christmas tree save from Brucy?
First advice – try to avoid crystal, glass decoration balls. The first thing Brucy did was jump on the Christmas tree and try to knock down as many balls as she possibly could. It was then that we realised that plastic balls was a good solution.
Second, maybe stick to a plastic tree. Yes, the real ones smell nicer. Yes, the plastic ones don’t look natural… But if your cat, like mine, loves eating all plants- it will be better for you cat and your Christmas tree to stick to fake one.
Thirdly, do not make gingerbread cookies. I love decorating Christmas trees with baked cookies, but as Brucy eats EVERYTHING she finds, I decided that this year, I will avoid doing this..
I hope those Christmas tree tips will help your Christmas tree survive through the holiday season! How are you preparing for Christmas?